Expert Advisor Top – Compare Live Forward Performance
This page is meant to help everyone find and follow the live results of the best Forex robot that suits their trading style. The performances are analyzed and indexed in a way that permits the best trading system to make it to the top of the chart in a reasonable length of time – please see the details below the table for more information. All expert advisors on this page are running on live accounts.
Brief description of the column headings
- Weeks in test – self explanatory.
- Total gain – the total amount gained calculated in relation to the sum of the deposits (in most cases, it’ll be just the initial deposit).
- Closed pips – the total number of pips realized by all the trades that were closed. Please note that this does not include the number of floating pips that might be the result of any open trades.
- Monthly return – the monthly return figure calculated by Myfxbook.
- Risk reward ratio – calculated by dividing the average losing trade by the average winning trade.
- Winning trades – the percent of trades with a positive outcome.
- Max closed drawdown – the maximum “realized” drawdown, meaning the largest drawdown ever encountered during the account lifetime. Please note that this does not take equity into account, so “unrealized” drawdowns from floating profits are not taken into account here. Basically, it’s the drawdown calculated by Myfxbook as the largest difference between a balance peak and the lowest following bottom.
- Max drawdown (incl. floating) – unlike the closed drawdown above, this also includes floating (unrealized) drawdowns so in some cases it will be larger than its counterpart, especially for grid, martingale and hold-and-pray EAs.
- Max floating drawdown pips – the maximum recorded value of floating negative profit, in pips.
- Average trades per day – the number of average trades per day. Naturally, the calculation only includes trading days, the weekends are excluded.
- Profit factor – the sum of all positive trades divided by the sum of all negative trades. A profit factor below 1 means the system is not currently profitable which should also be easily visible from the other stats.
- Birt’s index – a performance index of my own based on a Sortino Ratio calculated on a weekly period, but also factoring the system lifetime and the floating drawdown. More details about its calculation are available. Please note that it’s a work in progress and it’s likely to change as time passes and its potential flaws are observed.
- Balance chart – this one is pretty obvious.
The system details are updated about once every 30 minutes. The balance chart images and the Birt’s index figures are updated 4 times per day.
This page is designed to continuously grow and list a wide array of expert advisors together with signal services. There are no limitations to the systems that will make it here. Even if an EA is on my No Review List it might still show up here. I recommend doing your due diligence before purchasing any systems that have not been fully reviewed.
As a general rule, I will stop systems that reach a drawdown in excess of 50% but I might make exceptions and stop them earlier or later depending on other factors.
To have an even ground, I am attempting to target a 5% monthly return and a maximum of 20% as drawdown for each system, but that’s mostly guesswork and it will surely vary wildly.